Year 6 Blog Friday 6th May 2022
Date: 6th May 2022 @ 4:21pm
Welcome to our Year 6 blog. This week, we have been lucky enough to watch Romeo and Juliet play by Manacto, who are a theatre company from Manchester. Our rugby team did a fantastic job in the first of a three week tournament, in which we won all three games!
Also, Year 6’s learning this week:
- In Maths, we have learnt how to answer questions on volume, converted various measurements, and improved our learning of time (especially with 24 hour clocks).
- In English, we learnt the story of Romeo and Juliet and the important themes that run throughout it. We also improved ways of answering reading questions with retrieval and inference being our main focus.
- In French, we used dictionaries to look up the vocabulary for various landscape features and then used the words to construct sentences about the geography of France, e.g. Marseille est une grande ville au bord de la mer.
- In Science, we researched plant adaptations and how these features help the plant survive in its habitat. We then presented our research to others who had researched different plants.
- In PSHE, we discussed ways of improving our memory by playing a few games. Then we developed ways of keeping calm under pressure.
No Home Practice this week.
But make sure you spend the weekend doing at least one or a number of the following things:
- Rest and enjoy doing something you love
- Do something active
- Spend time with your family
- Read a good book
- Watch a film
Online Safety update
Lately, we have seen a huge increase in the number of children accessing the Roblox gaming platform. This includes children in our infant classes. This week's guide dives into what to expect your children to find when they use Roblox including any potential risks they may meet. These risks include in-app purchases and chatting to strangers online.